2008-11-02

Every Millimeter Counts

I do not know why but I have bought a few times shoes and boots a little bit smaller than I needed. It is a real torture to wear footwear that does not fit my feet. Especially for my left foot. It sounds crazy but it is real.

It happened in Russia, in Canary Islands, and, of course, here, in Canada, too. Last fall, when I was preparing myself for the cool Canadian winter, I bought a pair of Salomon winter boots. When I tried it at the store, it seemed me OK, but later, at home, I found out that it was too tight for me...

The customer service of the store told me that it was not possible to refund or exchange because I had already used the boots. Very interesting question, by the way, how one can know whether footwear is good without trying it. But anyway, I spent $130 on that. Sad but true.

Now, when the winter is knock-knocking at our doors, I went to a Sports Experts and bought something less cumbersome for my day-by-day street



A shiver runs up and down my spine when I read how many technologies were used in order to create this footwear!



I only hope that I shall not be all in a shiver when the real cold comes to town. Who knows what weather will be this winter?

1 comment:

Ekaterina said...

(small correction) seemed OK to me