2006-11-25

a visit to the dentist


begging pardon for my long absence. i was on business trip to ural region, putting it more precisely, in Ekaterinburg.

this capital of the ural welcomed me with cold arms of the tough weather which was reining there. there was minus 24 degrees Celsius. there were cold wind blowing and snow crisping underfoot.

my goal was to participate finance directors forum with a short presentation on our erp solution in part of their tasks and how possible to find leads.

as you know it's no use preaching to a hungry man, so there was a lunch where i broke my tooth - a molar tooth. damn! it was not a fight! it was just a lunch! i eat no meat and they gave me rice but, alas! some grains were boiled dry.

a visit to the dentist is not pretty good thing for me. i remember very well how it was in old times. i mean no ancient times but soviet russian stomatologies. it was a real torture. i know nowadays it is a different story but somewhere inside of me still lives a fear.

anyway i have my tooth fixed and i am going to get two another ones fixed on wednesday mo(u)rning. it will be so exciting because now it is two corner teeth. brrrrrrr!!!!


the picture was taken from here

1 comment:

dre said...

WARNING. some linguistic comments may follow.

some bold corrections:
"<...> goal was to attend directors of finance forum <...>"

"erp solution" what is erp and what do they cook it with?

"solution used in their job/project (maybe?) and how it makes finding the leads possible" or something like that

"damn! there was no fight <...>"
"I don't eat meat, so they gave me rice", technically, the other one is correct, but if you speak like that here, they might think you were hibernating for the past few decades...

"a visit to the dentist is not a very good thing for me"

stomatologies... that's true, i can't even say they were _dental offices_ as they're appropriately called now, those WERE stomatologies - to an outsider it sounds like a term from an ancient inquisition tail, which could be true - the only difference between a dentist and an inquisitor is newer magazines.

"but somewhere deep down fear still lives inside of me"

"anyway, my tooth is fixed now and i am going to get another two fixed"